Monday, February 1, 2010

Dennis Balogh's portrait in Success magazine


Dennis recently completed a multiple-pose portrait of Jim Rohn for Success Magazine. Dennis really captured his vitality and made it look as if he drew him from real life. Dennis says, "When beginning the painting stage I paint very loosely in a transparent wash and early on introduce broad spontaneous brush strokes, some of which I lose in the course of the painting. My constant goal is to keep liveliness with my technique, remembering that I'm painting and not just trying to duplicate an image. Every face has its strong characteristics that I try to accentuate with pencil line and brush work. Midway through and when I finalize the painting, I apply opaque brushwork that accents and gives the art its overall color strength."

Heflinreps Illustration Agency
http://www.heflinreps.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment